Academic FAQs

Q:      What programs can I study at Atlanta Technical College?
A:        ATC offers over 100 different programs of study. Click here to see a list of all of the programs of study.

Q:      Does Atlanta Technical College offer online courses?
A:        If you are an Atlanta Technical College student, during the registration period, make your advisor aware of your interest in enrolling in an online class. You and your advisor will discuss what is best for you and enroll you in an online class, if the two of you agree that this approach is feasible. Contact your program advisor before registering for any online class. 

All courses are available online for the following e-campus programs:
  • Accounting
  • Business Administration Technology
  • Management Supervisory Development
  • Marketing

If you have questions regarding e-campus online programs please contact


Q:      What grade point average must I maintain in order to remain in good standing?
A:        A grade of "C" or better is required in all courses for graduation.

Q:      What are the graduation requirements?
A:        Atlanta Technical College conducts one commencement exercise per year for students who have completed all graduation requirements or are in their final classes at that time. To qualify for graduation, the student must satisfy the following requirements:

  • Complete an Application for Graduation by the posted semester deadline and submit to the Registrar.
  • Complete the prescribed course requirements with a graduation grade point average of 2.0.
  • If transfer credit has been accepted, receive credit from Atlanta Technical College for a minimum of 50 percent of the hours required for the course requirements.
  • Satisfy all financial obligations to the college, including payment of all graduation fees.

Q:      What must I do to be an Honor Graduate?
A:        A student must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.

Q:      What is the difference between “Academic Warning” and “Academic Probation”?
A:        A student is given “Academic Warning” when he or she fails to achieve a semester/term grade point average (GPA) of 2.00. The purpose of academic warning is to alert the student of the need to improve academic performance. A student is placed on “Academic Probation” when a student fails to achieve a semester/term GPA for the second consecutive term.  Academic probation may adversely affect financial aid status.  Students are required to consult with program advisors to plan for improvement.

Q:      What happens if I am placed on Academic Suspension?
A:        A student who fails to achieve a semester/term GPA for the third consecutive term is placed on “Academic Suspension.” A student on academic suspension must stay out of school for one full semester/term before applying for readmission.

Q:      Will I get an academic advisor?
A:        Yes.  Academic advisors are assigned to students from their major programs of study.

Q:     How to get the advisors list?
A:      Click here to get the list of Advisors for you to get advised

Q:      How do I get my student ID number?
A:        You can obtain your student ID from Admissions.  Student ID numbers are assigned at the time that the application is fully processed.

Q:      How do I know what classes to take?
A:        Your advisor will let you know what classes that you will need to take each term.

*Q:    How do I choose my classes?
A:        You log into Banner and choose your classes based on what you and your advisor have discussed. You will need the alternate PIN number given to you during advisement to register. Log into Banner here.

Q: Are there student success coaches and facilitators to assist during my matriculation at the college?

A: Yes, a student success coach/facilitator is assigned to each area of study. To see the contact information for your coach and to obtain information on the services provided through the Student Succcess Center, click here.