The Fire Fighter II TCC certificate builds upon skills and knowledge acquired in the Fire Fighter I certificate and parallels the Advanced Fire Fighter Curriculum developed by the Georgia Fire Academy. Graduates will be tested and certified at the National Professional Qualifications level and receive NPQ-II certification. Program graduates receive a Fire Fighter II Technical Certificate of Credit.
Certifying Agency: Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council 1000 Indian Springs Dr., Forsyth, Georgia 31029-9599
Minimum Program Length: 2 Semester
Estimated Program Cost: $1,627
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Official high school or GED transcript is required to apply.
- Achievement of minimum program admission scores in Reading, English, and Math.
- Transfer of previous post secondary credits will be determined by the registrar.
- Must be NPQ-I certified and/or have successfully completed the Fire Fighter I TCC program.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam.
- For employment as a Fire Fighter, a student must be prepared to pass a legal background check.
Student Performance/Graduation Requirements: Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate.
Blood and Airborne Pathogens: Students enrolled in Category I and II programs at Atlanta Technical College will be performing tasks in which there is a normal occurrence for exposure to blood, other potentially infectious body materials, and airborne pathogens. These tasks will be performed in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical activities for each occupational training program/course. Students will be required to present documentation of Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis immunizations as a result of potential occupational exposure. Students should contact their program directors for more information. Policies and procedures regarding blood and airborne pathogens may be reviewed at www.tcsg.org/tcsgpolicy/menu.html.