Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene of an emergency to the health care system. Successful completion of the AEMT TCC program will prepare the graduate to deliver basic and limited advanced emergency medical care and transportation during critical and emergency medical situations.
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the AEMT Certification exam administered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)® and apply for licensure with the Georgia Department of Public Health - Office of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma as an AEMT.
Blood and Airborne Pathogens: Students enrolled in Category I and II programs at Atlanta Technical College will be performing tasks in which there is a normal occurrence for exposure to blood, other potentially infectious body materials, and airborne pathogens.
These tasks will be performed in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical activities for each occupational training program/course. Students will be required to present documentation of Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis immunizations as a result of potential occupational exposure.
Students should contact their program directors for more information. Policies and procedures regarding blood and airborne pathogens may be reviewed at www.tcsg.org/tcsgpolicy/menu.html.
Licensing Agency: Department of Public Health - Office of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma, 2600 Skyland Drive, Lower Level, Atlanta, Georgia 30319
Minimum Program Length - 1 Semester
Estimated Program Cost $2,246
* Must be 18 years of age
* Official high school or GED transcript is required to apply
* Achievement of minimum program admission scores in Reading, English, and Math
* Transfer of previous post- secondary credits will be determined by the Registrar.
* Must be licensed as an EMT (EMT-B not accepted) or certified by the NREMT® as an EMT (EMT-B not accepted) and or have successfully completed the EMT Program.
* Criminal background checks and drug screens may be required based on the requirements for participation in clinical courses.
Student Performance/Graduation Requirements: Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate.