Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Successful completion of the program allows the graduate to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)®. EMT certification examination and apply for Georgia Licensure as an EMT. This Technical Certificate of Credit replaces the previous EMB1 "Emergency Medical Technician (Basic)" Technical Certificate of Credit.
The Emergency Medical Technology Program Atlanta Technical College is approved by the Georgia Department of Public Health - Office of EMS and Trauma.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED and submission of official transcript required to apply.
- Achievement of minimum program admission scores in Reading, English, and Math.
- Transfer of previous post-secondary credits will be determined by the Registrar.
- Student must pass an NCIC background check.
- Students may be required by clinical affiliates to pass a drug screening.
- Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the exam administered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)®.
- Student Performance/Graduation Requirements: Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate.