The Learning Support Center’s (LSC) mission is to provide learning assistance to students that will support and enhance their academic growth while pursuing a certificate, diploma, or degree. The LSC offers free one-on-one personal, and group tutoring in the general core areas (Math, English, and Reading). Our Learning Support Specialists also provide academic counseling to students in need. The LSC also serves as an open study location and has 34 computers that have internet and wireless access.
The following is a list of rules that apply to the LSC:
- No cell phone usage;
- No food or beverages near the computers;
- Children are not allowed in the LSC due to safety and liability issues;
- Please refrain from loud talking since it distracts our tutors and prevents us from creating an environment that is conducive to learning;
- Please sign in/out at the computer log before /after all computer usage;
- Please make sure you have ALL personal items with you when you leave the LSC, staff will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
The Learning Support Specialist also coordinates the instruction for the Student Success Seminar (COLL 1000), which serves as a bridge for new students to connect them with the information, resources, and support that will contribute to a successful college experience. Students who enroll in Learning Support courses before being admitted into their program of study must also enroll in COLL 1000. Although the course is not a requirement for first students who are admitted into their respective programs of study, it is strongly recommended that the course be taken by students who are new to Atlanta Technical College or the college experience generally.
Hours of Operation: