You may complete the admissions application online or by downloading the PDF application and pay the $25 admissions fee. If your fee is not paid, you will not be permitted to take the placement test.
If you are unable to view this document, you may download Adobe Acrobat Reader here
Submit official high school or GED transcript directly from your high school (if you graduated). We do not accept special education diplomas or certificates of attendance. Applicants who have completed a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of the high school or GED transcript. We must receive transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges/universities in a sealed envelope from the receiving institution. You may also have your transcripts sent electronically via escrip-safe.com from your institution.
Here is a list of the accreditation associations recognized by the Technical College System of Georgia.
- The Georgia Accrediting Commission
- The Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- The Association of Christian Schools International
- The Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
- The Accrediting Commission for Independent Study
- The Southern Association of Independent Schools
- The Distance Education Training Council
- The Florida Council of Independent Schools
- A public school regulated by a school system and state department of education
Students from secondary schools or colleges outside the United States must have transcripts sent directly to an ATC-approved organization for evaluation and translation to U.S. equivalency. We currently accept transcripts from World Education Services (wes.org) or Josef Silny (jsilny.com).
Schedule the Compass Placement Exam with a member of the admissions staff OR provide Compass Reading Writing, Algebra and Pre-Algebra scores taken within the last 5 years, OR eligible SAT or ACT scores OR program-level English and/or mathematics courses from another college/university with grades of C or better.
Applicants will be admitted with regular status to an associate degree program with the following SAT I and ACT scores:
|Verbal: 450||Composite: 20|
Applicants will be admitted with regular status to a diploma or technical certificate of credit program with the following SAT I and ACT scores:
|Verbal: 410||Composite: 18|
COMPASS scores for all degree, diploma, and certificate programs are available upon request in the admissions office.
Home Schooled Applicant Guidelines
Applicants who have been home schooled must submit the following documentation:
- Submissions of a letter of intent to home school.
- Verified attendance reports.
- Annual progress reports or final transcript from junior and senior years written by the student’s primary instructor at his/her home school.
- The final progress report with the student’s graduation date
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Interim Coordinator of Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Atlanta Technical College, Academic Building, C1111B, 404.225.4446.Email: email@example.com