Other Services & Resources
Frequently Called Numbers
Did you know that there are more than 60 countries representated on our campus? The college is dedicated to helping international students succeed both academically and socially during their time at ATC. Our International Student Program is designed to help you through the processes of admission to the college, obtaining immigration documents, and adapting to a new environment and culture.
If you are an International Student interested in attending ATC, we are here to help.
The Coordinator of International student services and Global Initiatives can assist you with International admissions, visa services and more.
The Halle Exchange is a formal agreement between A German Technical College, Felix Fechenbach Berufskolleg, in Detmold, Germany and Atlanta Technical College. In February 2013, members of the Felix Fechenbach delegation in Germany will visit Atlanta and lived with the Atlanta Tech students. Atlanta Tech students have the opportunity to become delegates to Germany in August 2014.
We have many associate degree programs to choose from at Atlanta Technical College
Please see this link to all the opportunities that we have to offer at Atlanta technical College http://www.atlantatech.edu/academics/all_programs.php
International students at Atlanta Technical College are classified “international” applicants if they meet any of the following criteria:
1. Application for Admission and $20 (USD) application fee. F-1 students cannot apply for a diploma or certificate program. Due to the amount of time requiring for gathering, preparing and processing paperwork, ATC encourages all international applicants to apply at least one semester prior to the desired start date. ATC semesters generally start as follow:
Fall Semester– August
Spring Semester– January
2. Submit your official high school/GED transcript directly from your secondary school (if you graduated). An document evaluation is required of your secondary school transcript. We must also receive a course-by-course evaluation of ALL previously attended colleges/universities. Foreign transcripts must be translated in English, evaluated and determined to be equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. We require applicants to used one of the following agencies for evaluation services for internation transcripts/credentials: Josef Silnv & Associates, Inc., Education Credential Evaluators, and World Education Services.
All foreign high school transcripts must be evaluated by one of these agencies to determine if it is equivalent to the United States high school diploma. Document by document evaluation are required for high school evaluations. Course by course evaluation are required for college transcript evaluations
3. English Proficiency -- Students must prove fluency in English by taking the Compass placement exam if the applicant is in the United Sate. If the applicant is outside the US, the applicant must meet TOEFL requirements of the following: Internet based, 61; Computer-based, 173; or paper-based 500 or IELTS score of 5.5.
4. Bank statements dated within the last 6 months showing a minimum of $18,532 (USD) per academic year, OR
- INS Form I-134 (Affidavit of Financial Support) US Sponsor, OR
- Foreign Sponsor Letter of Support
- Completion of Form I-901 and SEVIS fee payment of $200 (USD)
5. All new F – 1 students are required to attend a mandatory F-1 orientation the Friday before classes begin. This is a mandatory orientation. Failure to attend will be a hold on the students account.
Students who desire to transfter to Atlanta Tech must receive a transfer clearance form signed by the previous school's Designated School Official (DSO or PDSO).
Prospective international students applying for admissions may contact:
***Our admissions and advising services are free and available to all students, regardless of their residency status***