Other Services & Resources
Frequently Called Numbers
Did you know that there are more than 60 countries represented on our campus?
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is committed to helping international students succeed both academically and socially during their time at ATC. Our international student support programs are designed to help international students navigate the admission process, obtain immigration documents, and adapt to a new culture. Once on campus, the coordinator of international student services and global initiatives can also provide assistance with the identification of student support services and cultural programs.
Atlanta Technical College offers a full menu of academic programs that will prepare you for the global marketplace. Please click on the link the view our list of programs. ** Note -
F-1 students can only apply for associate degree programs.
Candidates for admission to Atlanta Technical College are classified as “International applicants” if they meet any of the following criteria:
1. Visit www.atlantatech.edu and complete an application for admission. Submit the application along with the $20 (USD application fee.
a. Click on Admission and then Application for Admission.
b. Scroll down to STEP 1 and complete the application.
c. If you are applying for an Associate Degree program, you will need a class “F” visa. If you are applying for a diploma or certificate program, you must need a “M” visa. M visas are for 1 year of study with the option to request an extension.
2. Submit your official high school/GED transcript directly from your secondary school (if you graduated). A document evaluation is required of your secondary school transcript. We must also receive a course-by-course evaluation of ALL previously attended colleges/universities. Foreign transcripts must be translated in English, evaluated, and determined to be equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. We require applicants to use one of the following agencies for evaluation services of international transcripts/credentials: Josef Silnv & Associates, Inc., Education Credential Evaluators or World Education Services.
It is required that international students must carry a minimum of 12 credit hours per academic term.
3. English Proficiency -- Students must prove fluency in English by taking the Accuplacer placement exam, if the applicant is in the United States. Applicants located outside the US, must meet the TOEFL requirements of the following: Internet-based, 61; Computer-based, 173; or paper-based 500 or IELTS score of 5.5.
4. Bank statements dated within the last 6 months showing a minimum of $19,146 (USD) per academic year, OR
5. All new F–1 and M-1 students are required to attend the mandatory F-1 Orientation. This is a mandatory orientation. Failure to attend will result in a hold on the student’s account.
Students who desire to transfer to Atlanta Tech must receive a transfer clearance form signed by the previous school's Designated School Official (DSO or PDSO).
You must complete the admissions requirements to begin studies at Atlanta Technical College and obtain an acceptance letter from the college along with the I-20 form. These documents must b presented at the VISA interview.
Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200), prior to the VISA appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Visit https://www/fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp.
To find an embassy near you visit: http://www.usembassy.gov and make an appointment to the VISA interview.
Prospective international students applying for admissions may contact:
The Halle Exchange is a formal agreement between A German Technical College, Felix Fechenbach Berufskolleg, in Detmold, Germany and Atlanta Technical College. In February 2014, members of the Felix Fechenbach delegation in Germany visited Atlanta and lived with the Atlanta Tech students. Atlanta Tech students will have the opportunity to become delegates to Germany in September 2016.
***Our admissions and advising services are free and available to all students, regardless of their residency status***