Special Status Admission
The special status admission category is designed for students who are not seeking a certificate/diploma/degree but who desire credit for coursework in a specific program. The following admission parameters apply under this classification.
- Students must submit an application along with the $20 application fee.
- Special status students are not permitted to enroll in clinical courses.
- Students may receive credit for an unlimited number of courses, but may transfer only 25 credit hours into a specific program for award seeking purposes.
- Students may obtain regular program admission status before or upon reaching the 25 credit hours and must meet regular program admission criteria, if the hours are to be credited toward a degree, diploma, or certificate program.
- Special status students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Courses selected by special status students are subject to specific prerequisite requirement.
- The number of hours taken as a special admit student in no way waives the requirements of the regular admission process.
- Students may enroll in classes on space-available basis.