Transfer & Transient Students
Transfer Student Admission
Applicants to Atlanta Technical College who have been previously enrolled at a post-secondary institution must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- Application for admission along wit $25 (non-refundable) application fee.
Submit sealed official college transcripts from ALL previously-attended institutions. Not listing all institutions will affect your admissions and financial aid status. Transcripts can be submitted direct mail via Escrip-safe, Parchment or in person. Documents sent via personal email, faxed documents, or opened documents will not be accepted. Applicants who have successfully completed (C or better) minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges accredited by an accepted accrediting agency in lieu of a high school diploma or a state-authorized examination the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma as described above.
Submit electronics transcripts using Escrip-safe, National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment services. Have your former institution send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your school does not send transcripts electronically, they can send the official paper copy to: Atlanta Technical College Office of Admissions Office 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30253.
Students from secondary schools and/or colleges outside the United States MUST have transcripts sent directly to an ATC-approved organization for evaluation to U.S. equivalency. We currently accept transcripts from World Education Services (www.wes.org), Education Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) and Josef Silny (www.jsilny.com).
- SAT1, ACT, Compass, Accuplacer or other nationally recognized admissions placement test scores. Admissions placement testing may not be required for applicants who completed a minimum college 100 level English and Math coursework with a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution.
No more than 50% of the total required hours in a certificate, diploma, certificate or degree program will be approved for transfer credit. Transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed with a "C" or better from a regionally accredited college or university.
Transient Student Admission
Applicants who are in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to enroll as transient students on a space-available basis. All transient applicants should be advised by their home institution concerning recommended courses in order to comply with requirements of their home institution. Transient students must submit the following:
- A completed application for admission with a $20 (nonrefundable) application fee
- Transient Agreement Letter must verify that the student is in good standing and should list the courses the student is eligible to take.
- Payment of fees to attend Atlanta Technical College