Transfer & Transient Students
Transfer Student Admission
Applicants to Atlanta Technical College who have been previously enrolled at a post-secondary institution must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- Application for admission along wit $20 (non-refundable) application fee.
- Official transcript(s) from ALL post-secondary institution attended. Applicants who have completed a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level from a regionally accredited college or university may submit official college transcripts in lieu of the high school or GED transcript.
- Official high school transcript
- SAT, ACT, CPE or other nationally recognized admissions placement test scores. Admissions placement testing may not be required for applicants who completed a minimum college 100 level English and Math coursework with a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution.
No more than 50% of the total required hours in a certificate, diploma, certificate or degree program will be approved for transfer credit. Transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed with a "C" or better from a regionally accredited college or university.
Transient Student Admission
Applicants who are in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to enroll as transient students on a space-available basis. All transient applicants should be advised by their home institution concerning recommended courses in order to comply with requirements of their home institution. Transient students must submit the following:
- A completed application for admission with a $20 (nonrefundable) application fee
- Transient Agreement Letter must verify that the student is in good standing and should list the courses the student is eligible to take.
- Payment of fees to attend Atlanta Technical College