Adult Education Division
Welcome to the Adult Education Program at Atlanta Technical College!
Debra Saunders, Associate Vice President, Adult Education
The Atlanta Technical College Adult Education Department Commitment
Atlanta Technical College’s AE program is committed to serving minors (ages 16 and 17) and adults, ages 18 and older who wish to improve their basic academic skills such as reading, writing and math, to prepare for the GED test and become partners in the education of their children.
Classes and services offered:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE/GED Prep)
- Workforce development, financial and family support training and workshops.
- Technology infused dual classrooms
- Adult Basic Education
- Adult Secondary Education (GED Preparation)
- Transition Services
- Assist students in transitioning to work, postsecondary education, or trade certification programs
- Mini One Stop, or Resource Center
- Life Skills Training
- Resume Writing
- How to Dress for Success
- How to become effective communicators
- Job search technique
- Money Smart For Young Adults
- Technological resources for SNAP, or DFCS program re-certifications
Five reasons to enroll in the Atlanta Tech Adult Education Program?
- Classes are offered free of charge
- All locations are MARTA accessible
- The main campus has an affordable childcare center
- Coaches help you transition to college or job opportunities *ATC does not guarantee employment
- You will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when you obtain your GED!