The Atlanta Technical College Office of Communications and Marketing, located on the second floor of the Dennard Building, is available to assist College faculty and staff with all promotional and publication needs and to serve as a contact with print and broadcast media.
In addition to providing news and publicity to the general public and to the campus community, the Office of Communications manages photographic services, the website and campus publications, including Tech Talk, Journeys and the college catalog.
All Media inquiries and requests should be directed to:
Director of Communications and Marketing
1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Points of Pride
- $63,965,060 *According to a report released by Dr. Jeffrey M. Humphreys, director of the Selig Center for Economic Growth at the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business
Pass Rates on Examinations
- Associate degree nursing – 70% - National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurses
- Commercial Truck Driving – 90% - Georgia Department of Driver Services CDL Examination
- Dental Hygiene – 100% - Credits Regional Testing (State Boards)
- Dental Hygiene – 93% - Dental Hygiene National Boards Exam
- EMT – Advanced – 81% - National Registry of EMT (AEMT)
- EMT – Basic – 82% - National Registry of EMT (EMT)
- Medical assisting -100 % pass rate - Registered Medical Assistant National Certification Exam.
- Paramedic technology – 81% - National Registry of EMT (Paramedicine)
- Physical Therapist Assistant – 88% - PTA National Board Exam
- Practical nursing – 95% - Georgia State Licensure Boards
- Radiologic technology – 83% pass rate – American Registry of Radiologic technology
National and International Awards
The American Health Information Management Association Student Bulletin Board Contest
- Atlanta Tech Health Information Management Student Association (HIMSA) - 1st Place
2014 Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference
- Jinaki Mumford - 2nd Place - Travel & Tourism
- Arial Porter and Cremeithius Riggins - 3rd Place – Team: Business Ethics
- Demetrica Wright - Top 10 Finalist - Marketing Management
- Ahmad Johnson - Top 10 Finalist - Project Management
- LaShanta Sanders - Top 15 Finalist - Sales Management Meeting
- ATC Collegiate DECA Chapter - Presidential Chapter Leadership Passport Award
SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference
- Dorothea Hofler, Terence Whitehead, and Iris Reese - Gold – Team: American Spirit
- Ronnie Carter, Michaela Lupoe, Thomas Snelling, and Josette Whatley – Bronze – Team: Entrepreneurship
The Georgia Phi Beta Lambda State Conference
- Demetrica Wright – 1st Place - Marketing Analysis &Decision Making.
- Demetrica Wright – 2nd Place - Marketing Concepts.
- Franklin Cochran and Donald Williams – 2nd Place – Team: Business Decision Making.
- Jinaki Mumford – 3rd Place - Hospitality Management
- Yvonne Simpson – 3rd Place - Computer Applications
- Tasha Mayfield – 4th Place - Information Management
- Courtney White – 4th Place - Help Desk
- Marvilynda Harris – 4th Place - Entrepreneurship Concepts
- Nneka Robinson and Cornell Onofre – 1st place – Team: 3D Visualization and Animation
- Dorothea Hofler, Terrence Whitehead and Iris Reese - 1st place – Team: American Spirit
- Veronica Hill - 1st Place – Auto Collision Repair Technology
- Claudia Brown - 2nd Place – Culinary Arts
- Rebecca Mills - 1st Place - Dental Assisting
- Michael Harris and Larry Walker - 1st Place – Team: Digital Cinema
- Sheryl Miller - 3rd place - Early Childhood Education
- Thomas Snelling, Ronnie Carter and Josette Whatley - 1st Place – Team: Entrepreneurship
- Donald Okolo – 3rd Place - Health Occupational Professional Portfolio
- Troy Williams – 2nd Place - Job Interview
- Robert Williams and Kaleb Thomas – 2nd Place – Team: Television Production
- Christopher Eubanks and Robert Wilkins – 3rd Place – Team: Television Production
- Betty Tate and Tiffany Collins – 1st Place – Team: Web Design
Other Awards and Honors
- Atlanta Technical College adult education student, Unique Bunch, was named TCSG’s 2014 State EAGLE winner.
- Dental laboratory technology students, Folarera Akigbogun and Ivy Holmes, were awarded 2014 Hinman Dental scholarships.
- Accounting student, Hilda Hernandez, was awarded the 2014 Academic Excellence Award by The Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- The Greater Atlanta Chapter of the American Culinary Federation named Abigail Anderson winner of the John Piskor Award.
- Paralegal studies student, Cremeithius Riggins, was featured in the March 9th edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Ying Ma, a pharmacy technology student at Atlanta Technical College, was awarded the Clayton County Rotary Club scholarship.
- Patrick Moore won the Grainger Tools for Tomorrow scholarship.
- Four Atlanta Tech students were elected as State Officers
- Cremeithius – President, Statewide Student Leadership Council (SSLC)
- Terence Whitehead – Parliamentarian, Statewide Student Leadership Council (SSLC)
- Ahmad Johnson – Reporter/Historian, National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- Enrico Mason – Reporter/Historian, Collegiate DECA
Faculty Awards and Honors
- Dr. Rushton W. Johnson, Jr., vice president of student affairs, attended Harvard’s Institute for Educational Management (IEM) in Cambridge, MA, in 2014.
- Bioscience instructor, Tameka Clemons, was selected to participate in the Bioscience Industrial Fellowship Project funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Asbery Wilkerson II, program chair of the cosmetology program at Atlanta Technical College, received the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award at Bobbi Boss Hair Show.
- Robbie Howard, pharmacy technology department chair, completed the first Georgia Master Teacher Experience.
- Queenston Thorpe, dean of the health and public safety division, co-published Incorporating Cultural Competency into a Physical Therapist Assistant Curriculum (Bentham Science, 2014).
- Ms. McCoy Wilson, Ms. Lopez, and Ms. Saunders’ proposal, “Re-designing the Redesign: Redesign, Redefine, and Complete,” was accepted by NSIOD Conference 2014.
- About The President
- College Catalog
- Strictly Business
- Student Handbook
- Tech Talk
- Photo Gallery