The library catalog is automated and easy to use. The catalog is located on the computers in the rear of the library and also accessible via the Internet.
Materials are cataloged using titles, authors, or subjects. Once the “Welcome to the Library Catalog” screen opens, you can search by keyword or choose one of the other three options: “search”, “browse”, or “combination”.
- To do a keyword search, type in any word(s) in the space provided and click on search.
- To search the catalog, find and select the appropriate search category, click the empty search box, type your search word(s) and click on “search”.
- To browse the catalog, select the category to be searched, type your browse word(s) or numbers and click on select “search”.
- To perform a combination search, type your search word(s) next to the appropriate search type, select the appropriate category and click the “search button”. You can search one or more categories simultaneously.
- Look at the blue title to determine if the listed item is a print or an electronic resource. For an in print resource, click on the blue title and scroll down to locate the Call number and go to the stacks to locate the material. The Atlanta Technical College library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. The Library of Congress Classification system uses an alphabetic and numeric system to identify each book or item on the library shelf. For an electronic resource, click on the blue title to access the information necessary to access the electronic resource.