Prepare for a meaningful civilian career at Atlanta Technical College.
Atlanta Technical College provides:
- Career-focused education in more than 100 fields of study
- Job readiness assessments
- Development of individual academic advisement/completion plans
- Referrals to external support programs and services
- Academic tutoring and coaching
- Resume and interviewing assistance
- Job search resources
- And MORE!
Military, Veteran and Family Admission Services – Mattie Goss 404.225.4446
Military, Veterans and Family Financial Aid Services – Jennifer wimbish 404.225.4718
Military, Veteran and Family Student Success Advisor – Johnnie Sawyer 404.225.4462
Military, Veteran and Family Career Transition Specialist – Michael Burnside 404.225.4448
Veteran Student Association – Mattie Goss 404.225.4446
Veterans Student Association
The Veterans Student Association was established as a vehicle for students who have served in the military to network, address common concerns, and socialize. The organization is open to veterans and enlisted personnel as well as their families. While members work closely to support each other on campus, they are also encouraged to engage in community service activities and collaborate with other student organizations and veterans support providers.
The Veteran Students Association implements programs that:
- Aid in the personal and professional development of its members;
- Help military personnel and veterans transition into college life and, subsequently, the civilian world of work;
- Celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of its members;
- Provide access to financial, academic, physical and mental health, emergency and basic needs assistance programs.
Free Legal Assistance for Veterans
As a result of collaboration between the VA Office of Regional Counsel, The State Bar of Georgia, and Atlanta Technical College, veterans enrolled at Atlanta Tech can meet with attorneys to secure free legal advice and services. The clinic is open Fridays from 9am to 4pm and attorneys assist with a host of legal issues, including mortgage foreclosures, child support, employment, debt collection, benefits, wills, and powers of attorney.