The Paramedicine Diploma provides opportunities to upgrade present knowledge and skills from the EMT-I 1985/AEMT levels to the Paramedic level. Successful completion of the program allows the graduate to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) ® Paramedic certification examination and apply for licensure with the Georgia Department of Public Health – Office of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma as a Paramedic.Apply Now! Career Options
Minimum Program Length: 5 Semesters
Estimated Program Cost: $8,050
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED and submission of official transcript required to apply.
- Achievement of minimum program admission scores in Reading, English, and Math.
- Transfer of previous post-secondary credits will be determined by the Registrar.
- EMT-I 1985 or AEMT license or NREMT® certification required.
- Criminal background checks and drug screens may be required based on the requirements for participation in clinical courses.
Student Performance/Graduation Requirements: Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate.
Advanced placements will not be allowed, however, with permission from the Registrar, transfer of credits for general educations courses only are allowed to be accepted into the Paramedic program and all Paramedic courses have to be completed within the program to verify and validate that the student met the requirements of the NREMT, State office of EMS, TCSG, CoAEMSP, etc.
At a Glance