Atlanta Technical College Foundation Scholarships
The Atlanta Technical College Foundation is pleased to share the 2019 Spring Scholarships:
United Way of Greater Atlanta Financial
Cash Assistance Program
The United Way of Greater Atlanta Financial Empowerment Services Cash Assistance Program is to provide students with immediate funding to meet hardship needs beyond the ordinary educational expenses met through financial aid. The cash assistance amount will be determined based on the need of an applicant and the maximum amount of funding available at the time of the request.
Deadline:March 11, 2019
AGL Resources Scholarship
AGL Resources funds scholarships to support students who are majoring in Air Conditioning Technology, Business Management Degree or Diploma Business Technology-Degree or Diploma, Construction Management, Electrical Systems Technology, Marketing Management Degree or Diploma, and PC Repair & Network Technical Specialist.
Arlane O. Robinson Scholarship
The Arlane O. Robinson Scholarship will be used to support, in perpetuity at Atlanta Technical College. This scholarship reflects the desire of the Robinson Family to encourage and reward academic achievement, across all program areas, and to foster career development for the identified Scholars.
Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship
The Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive career in Auto Chassis Technician, Automotive Collision Repair, Automotive Technology, Diesel Engine Service, Diesel Equipment, and Diesel Truck Maintenance.
Phoenix Patriot Foundation Veteran Scholarship Program
The mission of Phoenix Patriot Foundation is to provide direct support to injured and combat wounded veterans who served post 9-11 enabling them to fully Recover, Reintegrate, and Remain Engaged in serving America.
- Be an Honorably Discharged Post 9/11 Veteran who was injured or combat wounded.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0 and have completed at least 12 credit hours of study.
- Describe in an essay (500 words or less) your goals and objectives with a clear vision of how you will pursue your next passion in life.
- Agree to allow the Phoenix Patriot Foundation to share your story and attend at least one activity each semester.
Atlanta Technical College BMW Student Scholarship
The purpose of the BMW scholarship fund is to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive technician career with BMW.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 hours or more) student in the automotive program seeking a career opportunity with BMW. Applicants must be in their program of study for at least two (2) semesters, and must have taken AUT 120, AUT 122, and AUT 124 prior to making application for the scholarship
- Applicants must posses a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (based on a four-point system)
- Applicants must apply for financial aid within the college. If awarded, the scholarship will supplement any financial aid a student receives.
The Brenda Watts Jones Memorial Foundation Student Scholarship
The purpose of The Brenda Watts Jones Memorial Foundation Student Scholarship Fund is to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue technical education in the following areas: Aircraft Mechanic, Emergency Medical Technician, Database Administrator, Practical Nursing, Pharmacy, Diesel Mechanic, Hotel Manager, Dental Lab Technician, Graphic Designer, Health Information Technician, Firefighter, Paralegal, Plumber, Marketing Manager, Heating & Air Technician, Dental Assistant, Drafter, and Medical Assistant.
Additionally, the following categories of students are urged to apply:
- Current or prospective students who are employed and seek to enhance their professional credentials or license; and
- Single students (male or female) with children.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade average.
Dr. Brenda Watts Jones Allied Health Scholarship
The purposed of this scholarship is to financially assist students who are enrolled in an "Allied Health" program. Programs include but are not limited to - Bio-science Technology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Dental Laboratory Technology, Healthcare Science, Health Information Technology, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and Surgical Technology.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more)
- The student must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
The Atlanta Technical College Retirees Student Book Scholarship
As an opportunity to give back in honor of the many students they have served the Atlanta Technical College Retirees Scholarship recognizes top students to encourage them to accomplish their educational goals. The funds awarded can assist the student with books, tools, program uniforms.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or more) student in a credit program of study.
- Applicants must possess a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Applicants must provide a copy of their banner web transcript and grade report from the most current semester (summer or fall 2016). The transcript must also indicate that the student will be enrolled full time for spring 2017 semester (semester of award).
- Applicants must submit a typed, double-spaced, one-page essay on why they should receive the scholarship and how it will aid them in completing their technical education.
The Bryant A. Lee Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship shall be to reward academic excellence and encourage students to pursue an automotive technician career.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or more) student in the automotive technology credit program of study.
- Applicants must possess a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (based on a four-point system).