About the Library
The Atlanta Technical College (ATC) Library is located on the south end of the campus in building G. The state-of-the-art facility is 16,000+ square feet and features group study pods, a law library, film editing suite, electronic classroom and contemporary display cases.
The library operates in accordance with TCSG Institutional Standards and COC criteria. It has a clearly developed purpose that complements the goals of ATC as an educational facility. This purpose is seen throughout the library and in the selection of library and learning services materials which consists of books, technical manuals, professional journals, popular periodicals, and supplements to library materials. The library provides dedicated space for its collections, computer workstations, and patron tables and chairs.
The mission of the Atlanta Technical College Library is to serve the educational and informational needs of its students, faculty and staff by: (1) providing organized access to information resources and services via qualified library staff; (2) careful selection of learning materials; (3) development of lifelong literacy skills for students to competently use throughout their lives; (4) providing access to collections and databases from any location, and (5) continuously update equipment, technology, and physical facilities as demanded by the needs of its users. These activities will insure the delivery of quality credit programs to prepare a highly skilled workforce that meets the needs of the Atlanta metropolitan business and industry communities, and the community at large.
Library assistance is readily available for reference inquiries and with patron records, circulation, reserves, and inter-library loan processes. Library staff also coordinates library orientations and bibliographic instruction sessions in the use of GALILEO, the Internet, online catalog, print, and A/V resources. Please contact the library should you want to schedule a library orientation for your class(es).
Director of Library Services
Library Technical Assistant
PT Reference Librarian
Library Operation Guidelines
- Have your current Atlanta Technical College Picture Identification (ID) Card available whenever you visit the library.
- Present your card each time you want to borrow materials.
- Reference materials, videos, and periodicals do not circulate.
- Circulation items may be checked out for two weeks and renewed once.
- You are responsible for items checked out on your card.
- Fines of 20¢ per school day are assessed for overdue items. The fine is payable upon the return of the item.
- An adult must remain with children at all times. You must provide supervision and/or materials for their use while in the library. Our computers are for student use only.
- There is an unlimited time on all workstations in the library computer lab.
- Keep cell telephones on vibrate, silent or off. Please use headphones in the library so as not to disrupt the studies of others.
- With your library privileges, you agree to abide by the Atlanta Technical College acceptable use policy and avoid using the computers to access Internet sites that may be considered pornographic, lewd, or obscene.
- NOTE: Remember to set up a library account and a printing account at the Add Value Station located in the Self Service area of the library.
Who may use the library?
The library is open to the public. Enrolled students with a valid Atlanta Technical College picture ID card can borrow books. Current faculty and staff with a valid Atlanta Technical College picture ID can borrow books, videos, and equipment, and upon request other available print and non-print materials.
A current and valid Atlanta Technical College picture ID will serve as the library card for all faculty, students and staff. Library cards are used for borrowing materials and accessing other library and media resources. You will need proof of enrollment each quarter to activate your library account.